This event provides four virtual tours of courses utilizing Open Education Resources (OER) and/or Open Pedagogy. These course tours are designed to move beyond the basics of OER to show how OER are being implemented in actual courses by colleagues in Virginia, in a variety of educational contexts. A summary of the Virginia Course Materials Survey and information on VIVA Open Grants available for OER will also be presented.
Course tours, presentations and speakers:
- Virginia Course Materials Survey: Liz Thompson, Open Education Librarian, James Madison University Libraries (https://vivalib.org/va/open/survey)
- World Geography: Dr. Caitie Finlayson, University of Mary Washington
- Pre-Clinical Medicine: Dr. Renée LeClair and Dr. Andrew Binks, Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine
- Communicating Across Cultures: Dr. Robert Godwin-Jones, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Principles of Public Speaking: Dr. Danielle Leek, J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College
- VIVA Open Grants: Dr. Stephanie Westcott, Open and Sustainable Learning Coordinator, VIVA (https://vivalib.org/va/open/grants)
Sponsored by the State Council for Higher Education Open Virginia Advisory Committee (SCHEV OVAC).
Register here: https://vivalib.libcal.com/event/8888587
State Council of Higher Education for Virginia - Open Virginia Advisory Committee
United States of America, Richmond, VA